Intermediate Database Administrator – Full Time Position
Summary: Working under the direction of the Director SaaS, the Intermediate Database Administrator will work on maintaining existing databases, technical administrative tasks, new client installations and changes as well as assigned projects and subprojects in conjunction with the current DBA. The duties and responsibilities of this position may evolve over time.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible DBA experience with MS SQL 2012 or higher
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with installation, configuration management, maintenance, security, back-up and recovery procedures for relational database management systems
- Experience testing and evaluating systems to optimize database performance
- Solid PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with AG and SSRS
- Excellent project and process management skills
- Proven experience in answering, responding to and solving technical issues.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Experience in software development and implementation preferably in Microsoft environment would be an asset
- Ensure availability, security and performance of all client data in the “software as a service” hosted environment and new client installations in the Production environment
- Manage preparation and running of scripts and deployment of software releases and upgrades for new and existing hosted clients in the “software as a service” hosted environment
- Update the database schema and add/modify data as required
- Maintain documentation and special information as required
- Ensure that client data is backed up regularly in accordance with commitments to clients, and test the backup restoration process to ensure that restore works
- Ensure that sensitive data related to “software as a service” clients are handled in an appropriate manner to ensure confidentiality and integrity
- Ensure that changes within the “software as a service, SaaS” hosted environment are made with proper authorization in accordance with change management policy and procedure
- Be familiar with disaster recovery plans and be able to implement these plans if required
- Monitor the performance of databases and make proposals and adjustments to optimize performance.
- Investigate data issues and correct/modify data as necessary with proper authorizations
- Create and maintain scripts and stored procedures to solve identified problems
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, and other database technologies and tools as required, and apply this knowledge to create and improve software to solve business requirements
- Provide estimates and identify technical risks for assigned development projects and tasks.
- After implementation communicate relevant information pertaining to status
- Use company standard systems/tools to handle information processing, sharing and communications.
- On an as-assigned basis be prepared to work outside regular work hours perform routine, system maintenance and to restore normal operations so that hosted clients can work with minimized downtime
To apply for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2020.
Please quote “DBA” in the subject line.
Compusense Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.